A step in the right direction.....

Beauty day in Halifax today, so I trundled off down to the Dartmouth Yacht Club, I had previously visited the Armdale Yacht Club, and wanted to compare rates, and of course, see if they even allow liveaboards. I met a very interesting lady, Pat, who owns a 27 foot CS who brought me down to her boat Excelsior and allowed me to look around. We sat for a few hours and she regaled me with wonderful stories of cruising down the ICW (see links on the left for more info) to Florida and the Bahamas, told me of places to stay (and avoid).
Mirage 29'
After a few hours I let Pat get back to her boat and  I wandered around and started chatting to a Newfoundlander who owns a 36' Mirage, and that's when I fell in love.... what a beautiful boat, sleek lines, lots of space down below, and according to my new friend, the best boat to cruise the ICW (of course!). After sharing stories with him, I have decided for this week that the 32' Mirage is the boat I am going to look for. Until next time............
Incidentally the Dartmouth yacht Club does not allow liveaboards, while the Armdale Yacht Club will allow it, but don't have the facilities to support them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning.......

Research - Electric Marine Motor