In the beginning.......

So I have been trawling a lot of the various websites for live-aboards lately, trying to make sense of the magnitude of what I am about to do, friends and family have called me crazy and have of course labeled me with the usual "Ah yes a mid life crisis". However, unless my mid-life crisis began at aged 10, then this is not a crisis but a dream. So how did this all come about? I have always been a traveler, trying to find something that is unique in every place I visit. Take Canada, for example. I moved here in 1996 from Ireland and decided that I wanted to explore the last frontier in North America, so off to the Great White North I went, Iqaluit to be exact, before it was the province of Nunavut. A haven for twenty somethings trying to make a quick buck and then head down "South" again to live the life they want. It was definitely an experience to be remembered, not only for the culture, landscape and experience, but for the great friends I met along the way. So the live-aboard dream really began as a child and has stayed with me along the way, pushing me to explore various opportunities until I finally arrived here, in beautiful Halifax, Nova Scotia

Comments

  1. I am looking forward to reading the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to it, too!

    until then... I just had to do it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7yfISlGLNU

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Research - Electric Marine Motor

A step in the right direction.....